How to send a Piquant Post spice subscription as a gift
Here are a few tips to send a gift subscription.
- During checkout, make sure to tick the box "this is a gift" to open gifting features
- Decide if you want your gift subscription to renew, or to be a one time gift. If you don't want the gift to renew, untick the box "this gift should renew" (only available for 6 & 12 month prepaid subscriptions - monthly subscriptions always renew unless canceled)
- If you forget to untick the renewal box, you can always cancel the gift right after purchase - the recipient will still receive the 6 or 12 prepaid orders from the original term.
- Enter the gift recipient's email only where we request it (the "Recipient E-mail" field)
- Type your gift message. Our gift email will send an email explaining: What the gift is, Who sent it, and Where to find more info.
- Important! This email is the only notification your gift recipient will receive. Enter a correct email (we never spam)... there are no printed gift inserts inside the first order.
- Enter a gift email date before the gift will arrive. It's better to send the email early (a few days to a week after you purchase it) than have the physical gift arrive before the email. Recipients can get confused and might throw it out (it has happened :/
- Your gift recipient may not expect the email and may not see it. It's best practice to check in that they receive the gift. If they didn't see your gift message email, ask them to search their email including promotions, junk, spam folders for our business name "Piquant Post" (note spelling)
- Critical! Don't use the express checkout options Shop Pay, Apply, Pay or Google Pay. They will autofill in your address as the shipping address.
- Critical! Enter your email the buyer's email in the "Contact Information" box. Entering your recipient's email here will send the purchase receipt to them not you and then connect the order to their email, not yours.
- Critical! Enter the recipient's permanent mailing address (ie where they get USPS letter mail) in the shipping address box.
- We don't recommend delivering the first order to yourself as we don't guarantee mail delivery times and there's a chance it may not arrive by the date you plan to hand it to your recipient.
- However, if you agree to take the risk of it not arriving before your planned gifting date, we can change the first order to ship to you. Please first purchase the order with the permanent address. Then, reach out to our support chat and leave a message that you want to change the first order's delivery address to your own, and leave your name and address and purchase order number PPXXXXX. We'll update it as soon as possible and reply to confirm when it is done.
- Review your purchase confirmation email after checkout to make sure the shipping address is correct!